Kimi Raikkonen, who won the Formula One World Championship last year, has designed the Speedway glasses for TAG Heuer:
“I love sunglasses, so when TAG Heuer suggested I could get involved in their Avant-Garde Eyewear collection I showed immediate interest. We soon started to develop a specific eyewear series inspired by motor racing and my passion for speed. Design is very important and I’m always looking for something different so I’m really delighted to work with TAG Heuer Eyewear and develop products that not only I would like to wear but I am sure my supporters will too.”
So what can we expect with the glasses?
- lightweight frame made of alloy
- large hollow temples for light feel
- end tips made of elastomere
- Kimi logo on right temple
And what about the lenses?
- polarized layers to reduce glare
- anti-reflective multi-layers
- oleophobic coating to ward off grease, dust, or fingerprints
- anti-scratch coating
- unbreakable polycarbonate material
You can purchase two versions of Kimi’s new TAG Heuer Speedway Sunglasses including a Men’s pair made with a black ceramic and aluminum temples or a female pair made with a gradient blue frame and aluminum temples